Thursday 24 January 2013

Musical Empathy

Music 'gives us feels', makes us feel feelings.

A good musical experience creates an emotional response.

The composer and lyricist, the arranger and all the other musicians who create music understand our feelings and create experiences that help us to explore those feelings.

  • This is what I'm calling Musical Empathy
  • And, our response is Musical Empathy too.

Music moves me. It moves me emotionally and physically. I almost always have a physical response (dancing, tapping, closing my eyes, crying...) and emotional responses, feelings. Sometimes I feel that I have to hold in my responses, try to keep them inside.

Now, I am easily manipulated by music and movies and even TV commercials, crying or laughing easily. And, that's got to be good for something.

I've been soul-searching. What am I good at? What can I do with what I've been given, my talents? I decided to work on this blog, which will provide people with music that I believe expresses particular feelings, and hopefully we can explore feelings and music together.


No comments:

Post a Comment