Thursday 24 January 2013

Yesterday's Emotional Response to Music: For Good, from Wicked, by Stephen Schwartz

Yesterday, I had a very strong response to a piece of music.

Now, it might have been exaggerated because I was picturing 2 of my choir members singing it, who have voices that I absolutely adore. And, maybe visions of the rest of the choir hearing it for the first time would have boosted the emotion factor. But, the song itself is strong. The words and the music are powerful.

I was really choked up, holding in my tears for the benefit of my 12-year-old who was listening with me.

Let's see what you think:


I chose this video, because it has the lyrics for you to read, and it doesn't show the singers. This is the one that I was listening to yesterday. I was picturing a man and a woman singing it, 2 particular people, but I think I would have been touched by it no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment